All Hands and Hearts effectively and efficiently addresses the immediate and long-term needs of communities impacted by disasters through a volunteer-powered model. We communicate directly with local leaders and community members and then deploy our unique model of engaging volunteers to enable direct impact, helping to build safer, more resilient schools, homes, and infrastructure.
Through community and volunteer engagement, we focus on helping families recover faster after natural disasters using our Smart Response strategy. In doing so, we strengthen both our volunteers and the communities in which we serve.
Our social media and online presences serve as platforms for fostering informed, engaged, and supportive communities where people can share information and participate in open discussions.
In addition to providing information about our disaster relief efforts, we use social media to keep our communities informed about how they can help and get involved and to highlight our supporters and donors. It’s also a place for people to share their experiences, and to start broader conversations about disaster relief and volunteerism. It’s important to us that our social media channels are a safe space for debate and conversation. Such openness aligns with our DEI Statement.
We’ll try our best to discuss openly the issues that matter to you, to listen to your feedback, to respond to your inquiries and to provide our opinion in a transparent manner. But please understand that to maintain employee and volunteer privacy, as well as to adhere to our obligation of confidentiality in certain circumstances, we may be unable to share details relating to personnel and other matters.
By posting to one of our social media channels, you are agreeing to abide by these Community Guidelines. These guidelines apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions or other legal notices that are provided by us as the owner of the social media platforms or the platform providers themselves.
All Hands and Hearts has developed these Social Media Community Guidelines in order to create a respectful and positive place for everyone. While interacting on our social media channels, we encourage people to be aware that some topics are sensitive, therefore we ask that everyone follow the Community Guidelines below.
STAY ON TOPIC, BE KIND AND COURTEOUS
We welcome questions and comments, as well as constructive criticism and various points of view, but please keep your contributions relevant to the topics that have been posted on our social media and online platforms. We welcome and value your views and comments as long as they are courteous, kind, and respectful of us and our community. False or misleading statements, abuse, bullying, explicit, illegal, hate speech, harassment or threats directed towards the organization, its leadership, staff, volunteers, or the community will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
REMOVAL OF POSTS
We retain the right to delete comments or material that violates these guidelines if we believe they are inappropriate. If we do so, we will inform you, unless your comments have frequently violated the guidelines and we have already stated this to you.
We will delete, remove or hide comments and posts that:
- Disclose sensitive or confidential information (for more information on this, please refer to the section below on legal and regulatory issues)
- Could be libelous or defamatory (for more information on this, please refer to the section below on legal and regulatory issues)
- Consistently and repeatedly include content of the same nature or share content on unrelated topics, i.e. spam
- Contain harsh or hateful words directed against a person’s race/ethnic origin, age, color, faith, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, national origin, political views, or any other protected category
- Contain discriminatory, obscene, inflammatory, harassing, hostile, threatening, vulgar, or otherwise personally abusive content
- Are off-topic
- Explicitly or implicitly describe self-harm
- Advertise goods or services
- Are of an aggressive, stalking, threatening, or assaulting nature
- Make references to disturbing topics
- Contain information that is false, inaccurate, incorrect, or misleading
- Are sexually explicit or obscene in nature
- Are dishonest, deceitful or misleading
- Are an insinuation of illicit or unlawful conduct
- Are an infringement of intellectual property rights
- Contain viruses or programs that have the potential to cause harm to the functioning of other people’s computers
- Include commercial pitches or requests for contributions or donations unrelated to our work
- Promote or solicit third-party websites or products in your comments
- Violate applicable law or describe illegal conduct
We may, at our sole discretion, ban people from our pages. We will endeavor to notify them, emphasize our community guidelines and give the person an opportunity to post more appropriate content before banning someone from our pages, but we reserve the right to institute an immediate ban if the nature of their comments warrants it.
Users should also bear in mind that each social media platform has universal community standards, such as rules prohibiting individuals from misrepresenting themselves or creating false accounts.
If community members have any questions, need assistance, or advice, we will attempt to reply or direct them to an appropriate member of our team who can speak with them directly on their comments or concerns. If community members see anything that does not appear to be right or that makes them feel uneasy on one of our social media pages, please email us on the contact details below.
LEGAL AND REGULATORY ISSUES
There are certain topics we won’t be able or willing to discuss on our social platforms, especially content that discloses confidential or sensitive information. Therefore, some discussions may need to be redirected or curtailed for the same reasons. By way of example, we ask that you refrain from posting comments that contain the following information:
- Information or concerns about sexual harassment or unsafe behavior that might have been observed or witnessed on our programs. We have established channels for handling these concerns in a way that respects the privacy and confidentiality of those impacted or involved.
- Concerns about employment-related matters. It is inappropriate to make unsubstantiated claims, accusations, or issues aimed at any of our staff or volunteers. Such information may be seen as libel, slander, or defamation of character.
- Names or information that might be used to identify a person, unless the individual has explicitly agreed to such use.
Comments or posts such as those mentioned above will be hidden or removed. Instead, please share your concerns with Claudia Thomas, our Human Resources Manager at [email protected]andsandhearts.org. All concerns shared with us will be investigated, as appropriate, and action taken, if necessary.
All Hands and Hearts retains the right to modify, delete, or restrict access to material on our sites and we are not liable for any repercussions you may suffer as a result. While we think the content we publish is trustworthy at the time it is published, we cannot guarantee that it is always full or correct, nor can we guarantee the accuracy of third-party postings.
All posts must comply with our Social Media Community Guidelines and not include any of the prohibited content mentioned above. By posting or commenting on our pages, you agree to abide by our Guidelines. Any post we consider to be in violation of our policy will be removed.
If you have any concerns or would like more information, please contact Claudia Thomas, our Human Resources Manager at [email protected]. All concerns shared with us will be fully investigated, and appropriate action is taken.